8 hours, 7 minutes ago
by mnbvc
8 hours, 57 minutes ago
by mnbvc
9 hours, 46 minutes ago
by mnbvc
SweetFX 2.0 Disables NVIDIA CP Modifications
Posted 8 years, 3 months ago
With older games such as Warcraft III and Star Wars: Battlefront II, there are no in-game options for certain settings (AA for WCIII, AF for BFII). The NVIDIA control panel can successfully force 8xMSAA for Warcraft III and 16x Anisotropic Filtering for Battlefront II. Upon injecting SweetFX 2.0, however, any changes made in the control panel are bypassed. Is there a way around this? Using SweetFX 2.0 with ReShade 1.1.0 and d3d8.dll - Warcraft III d3d9.dll - Battlefront II I am willing to provide photographic evidence and/or test it with dxgi.dll on a newer game.
Are running the games in true full screen?
Can't you just enable some AA like FXAA or SMAA in effects. E.g. In Mediator framework just ticking option may help.
Yes, Ficus. I always run in fullscreen, unless I'm actively editing my SweetFX settings. The Control Panel settings work absolutely fine without the SweetFX installed. Well, Deton, I COULD. In fact, I tried. But the best SMAA is nowhere near 8xMSAA. Still doesn't fix the Anisotropic filtering.
8xMSAA (with some FXAA if the game has foliage) is better than 1440p DSR with whatever gaussion % in my opinion.
So is it just a normal thing that happens with SweetFX?
Posted 8 years, 2 months ago
I have this problem too.
I'm going to be remaking all of my presets in ReShade Framework, so I'll let you all know if that fixes it. I doubt it considering ReShade Framwork 1.1.0 is still what's being used as the injector, but you never know with technology. Yes, that kinda would be a solution because Reshade Framework is a combination of SweetFX, GemFX,and Master Effects, so you could only theoretically make better presets than with normal SweetFX, right? Assuming that's NOT a solution, we could really need one. Not even the mighty ENB for Skyrim does Anti-Aliasing like the Nvidia CP (assuming my pc could run ENB with MSAA :P).
No, Reshade breaks it the moment you enable the effects as well.
Hm. I should probably change this to 'Reshade 1.1.0 Injector' instead of 'SweetFX 2.0' IF it lets me edit post titles.
Have you tried SGSSAA? I force SGSSAA in Nvidia Inspector with Life is Strange considering it's a d3d9 game and 32 bit as well. I have noticed this bahavior as well in other games but since Life is Strange is dx9 game and 32 bit with AA Bit set correctly it did in fact help with aliasing in that game. In fact it improved it drastically. I will admit I had to force 8xMSAA ingame and FXAA ingame as well to help on top of playing the game at 1080p resolution with desktop resolution set at 1440p. Though I do play in borderless mode as well. So that helps with the aliasing issue as well.
SGSSAA costs almost as much as running bloody DSR. Also, the games are pretty much disregarding any NVIDIA graphics modifications besides really basic things (like DSR, actually. That uses the in-game resolution setting, is probably why.). It literally can't even apply FXAA or AF. For now I'm just using FXAA+HQ4X (with lots of Lumasharpen to negate blurring) to anti-alias older games. I ran Life Is Strange at like 900p 4xMSAA or something to get above 60fps with everything else maxed. I just forced FXAA in the Nvidia panel (no reshade for that game) since there's not much 'sharp detail' in that game to begin. ///I run a pc from 2011 Best Buy that I added a 560 ti 1gb to. Has a i5 2400, 8 gb DDR3, and the worst motherboard ever (unless bluescreening with a 5mhz oc to the GPU is normal for micro-atx. Also a 2003 pc at my dad's has the same if not better on-board sound.) Once I recover from being sick I'm getting a custom with a 4690k (maybe 6600k if it's cheap) and a 980 ti Hybrid.
My rig is i7 2600 OC 4.2Ghz with 970 FTW and 8GB of 2133MHz system memory. I run the game at like 1600x900 with All those previous stated settings of forced AA in Life is Strange and getting around solid 60 fps and higher :).
Yeah.... If I even upgrade my 560 ti to a 760 ti it bluescreens my PC on boot. I'm going to start a new thread with "Reshade 1.1.0" in the title instead of sweetfx. ~Done. How do I torch this old thread lol.
New post

Please log in to post an answer