1 hour, 11 minutes ago
by tarkaz
1 hour, 13 minutes ago
by Tiplos
2 hours, 20 minutes ago
by tarkaz
Space Engineers, postprocess error
Posted 7 years, 6 months ago
Hi, thanks for reading. Issue is.. Space Engineers, Reshade 3.0 fresh DL from today. I get errors on start up, and warnings. No crash, most things seem to work fine. Log.log has only pre-run info that should be overwritten. Followed thos instructions with no change at all. Follows is the in-game log as best I can. G:\games\steam\steamapps\common\spaceengineers\bin64\d3d9.fx G:\games\steam\steamappls\common\spaceEngineers\bin64\sweetfx/Shaders/main.h(147, 11): prostprocessor error: redifition of 'used_sRGB' <--- This line is in red. G:\Games\steam\steamapps\common\spaceEngineers\bing64\shader.fx G:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\bins64\shader.fx(13,9): postprocessor error: redefinition of : 'use_sMAA_Antiailising' <-- In Red G:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\bins64\shader.fx(13,9): postprocessor error:redefinition of 'Need_sRGB' <- In Red G:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\bins64\Shader@0x0000022EA948F800(94,9-48): warning x4000: floating point division by zero < Line is in Yellow G:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\bins64\shader@0x0000022EA54BF000(94,9-48): warning x4000: floating point division by zero < Line is in Yellow G:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\bins64\shader@0x0000022EA54BF000(94,9-48): warning x4000: floating point division by zero < Line is in Yellow G:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\bins64\reshade-shaders\shaders\Deband.fx G:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\bins64\Shader@0x0000022EA54FB2A0(86; 1-42): warning X3557 : loop only executes for 1 iteration(s), foricing loop to unrool < Yellow G:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\bins64\reshade-shaders\shaders\pof.fx: G:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\bins64\shader@0x0000022EA564B8A0(251, 29-48): warning x3556: integer divides may be much slower, try using units if possible <Yllow G:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\bins64\shader@0x0000022EA5507A00(361,7-40): warning X3556: integer modules may be much slower, try using units if possible. ---------- End of log Most of the options do work, although the preset I loaded does not seem to auto adjust those options. It is possible I totally don't know what I'm doing, but it seems to me a preset would adjust values, and enable the correct ones. I know this isn't correct because it turns on CRT filter which sin't appropriate. In an effort to fix my own issue, I did turn of any FXAA/AA in game. Thanks for any help that can be lent!
The last line of the log is also yellow, btw.
How the hell do you get that game to run smoothly, even without ReShade? I'd try ReShade 2.0, as from the looks of the beta ReShade 3.0 is still pretty rough around the edges.
I usually get like ~50 FPS, I'm playing SP only with like 94 mods. I get like 25-30 with ReShade on. It's not bad. I really don't know how to be honest. I have the occasional freeze, crash, or stutter... but nothing anywhere near annoying.
Also, I will, Thanks FierySwordswoman
So to update, I installed ReShade 2.0 -- which totally different and confusing. I attempted to use Reshade2.0's assistant, gave up because I realized I couldn't import a preset. Grabbed SweetFX's configerator. Add SpaceEngineers. Add Preset to preset window. Attempt to Load said preset - the window flickers, and does nothing. The 'show changes from default' also shows no changes. Any suggestions? Am I doing this correctly? I grabbed incredibleRoach's incredible ReShade at http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/6184/ I presurme this is a valid preset and I am doing something wrong. Thanks.
If it was made for ReShade 3 it won't work in ReShade 2. You can, however, import ReShade 1 presets over to ReShade 2. But if you take 10 minutes to learn the program, it's as easy as copying the settings used in ReShade 3 to the equivalents of ReShade 2. The actual shaders stay the mostly the same, it's just the injector dll that changes each time.
FierySowrdwoman, I removedall of Reshade 3/SweetFX, then installed Reshade 2. It crashes SE everytime. I'm unsure if I missed a file, but It is possible. I may have to delete/reinstall SE. Any suggestions on converting the profile to Reshade 3 before I go to that extent? Thanks for your help
Converting what to what? An old ReShade preset to ReShade 3.0?
Correct. i.e. The Space Engineers preset that was made. I looked at doing it manually, but it contains effects that I know aren't going to be used, like CRT. with the given settings it isn't even reasonable. Thanks!
Then turn those settings off...?
Yes. But, it lists configerations for ALL of the shaders. I've done my best to guess which ones are supposed to be on, but it is sort of a craps shoot.
From the shader you posted: "Techniques=AmbientLight,Clarity,Curves,AdaptiveSharpen,Emphasize,FXAA,LumaSharpen,MXAO"
FierySwordswoman, Youre the boss. I totally missed that! Thanks a ton, and thanks for checking back again and again. I totally appreciate the help!
With that said, I don't think the 'Clarity, Emphasize, MXAO,' shaders exist in older ReShade versions. For a similar effect, poke around with the Curves, Lumasharpen, and Tonemap settings. They're easy to figure out if you know anything about how digital images work.
New post

Please log in to post an answer